Plan with me May – Cherry Blossoms Bujo Theme



Spring is coming! Temperatures are getting higher and higher, flowers in blossom, bees flying over luxuriant bushes... how can one resist from creating a flower theme for this month bujo? A cherry blossom one was well overdue, as I was planning on drawing one since my visit to Japan last autumn, and well, better late than never!


Both cover and quote of the month are adorned by cherry flowers, and both of them have pink as their main color. May is the month of my birthday, as being pink my favourite nuance it almost was a must using it as my accent shade.

I decided to create once more a big calendar, but to make the page feel “airy” I left the boxes opened, leaving only the bottom and top lines. I did the same with the three monthly to do boxes on the right, and decorated the page with a cherry tree branch.


As for the Habit Tracker, I have to say this might be my favourite page of the month. I centred the table in the middle of the page, and to save up some space, instead of writing my habits in words I signed them with a little icon on the top of the page. At both sides of the page, I drew a few cherry tree branches, and I really like how it looks. I had so much fun in finding a creative way to pair the best icon to my habits, I think I might write down a post giving some more ideas on how to find a proper icon to pair a bunch of possible habits one wants to follow.

On the left my Mood Tracker, and once more, the page turned out to be better than I was expecting. My first idea was to draw a cherry blossom branch on the top of the page, and then 31 petals falling down, representing the days of the month. This idea though has been used so often by so many talented girls, so I opted for something a bit different. I decided at the end to draw a cherry tree branch, filled with 31 flowers, and those will be my days, to fill in a different color according to my mood. I was worried it might turned out too big, bulky or messy, but I am pretty satisfied with the final result.


My Expenses Tracker is once again a table in which I am to write down all the expenses I will have during the month, divided in weeks, and on the right, my usual simple page of lists: books, movies and recipes.


I wanted my Weekly Spread to be in theme with the rest of the previous pages, and with that in mind I decided to leave the week days boxes open, as the calendar at the beginning of the month is. I also wanted the design of the page to be as simple as possible, so I only drew the numbers of the days, very big, in black, and added a touch of pink here and there. More cherry flowers to decorate, and my spread for may is done.

List of materials used:
Stabilo black pen
Faber Castell art pen 0.3
Tombow N75 cool grey
Tombow N15 black
Tombow 761 baby pink
Tombow 723 bright pink
Tombow Sakura Fudenosuke Soft tip

I hope you might find this post useful, and might take some ideas for your own bujo. Talk to you very soon, M.

Comments

Popular Posts