Happy Healthy Friday! Delicious Beetroot Hummus



Easter is round the corner, and that means we are going to eat so much chocolate. Before indulging into the guilty pleasure of different kinds chocolate eggs, why not behave with some healthy food? Healthy does not necessarily have to mean plain rabbit food... there are so many simply delicious recipes which are also light and low fat. The one I am sharing today is one of my favourite, and is not only healthy and yummy, but also so colourful it will immediately cheer you up! Here is my beetroot hummus recipe.

I adore hummus. I could live on it basically. I have tried out so many different recipes, to spice up my menus and avoiding eating always the same things. One of the hummus variations I absolutely adore is the bright pink beetroot one. Beetroot also are a very good food for us, filling, healthy and low in calories. The combination of chickpeas and beetroot gives this bright, yummy result, which I am sure you are going to love as much as I.


Ingredients:
½ can chickpeas
2 cooked beetroot
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of thaini sauce
a pinch of salt
½ teaspoon of cumin (to vary according to your taste)
mixed seeds to decorate

The procedure is ever so easy: in a bowl mix all the ingredients with a blender, and serve the hummus with mixed seeds or another bit of olive oil. Accompany with sliced carrots or celery, et voila', your healthy snack is ready!

Let me know if you like this hummus variation, and which one is your favourite, or you simply like the classic one. Talk to you very soon,
M.


Comments

Popular Posts