It's All About those Glitter Eyes!



It might be the festive season and new year coming, or it might just be a trend. Point is, liquid, glittery eyeshadow seem to be the thing to go for right now, and proof is that most of the famous brands are launching their version on the market. First came Stila with its Glitter and Go Liquid Eyeshadow; then MAC with its Dazzleshadow Liquid, Huda Beauty with its Liquid Eyeshadow Glitter, but also Lime Crime, Morphe, NYX and I might go on forever, all of them proposed their version of some beautiful long lasting, liquid, glittery eyeshadow.

As all these brands embrace every kind of price range, it is easy to imagine that the price of these little glittery wonders also have different tags, according to all pockets and requests. Stila's for example are about £18.50 each, MAC's 16.50, and so on. Brands like NYX or H&M beauty can give you products at a sensibly lower price, but in that scenario one is always lead to wonder if the lower price compromises quality.

Well, I haven't tried all the liquid eyeshadow on the market of course, but I did try the ones proposed by a drugstore brand that never fails to surprise me for the high quality of its products, despite the very little price tag. The brand I'm talking about is Barry M, and their Crushed Jewels Eyeshadow.

After having seen on Pinterest the wonderful effect of Stila's Glitter and Go eyeshadow, I started my own research of something similar, but definitely more affordable. I didn't want a simple liquid eyeshadow, I wanted something as shiny, glittery and resistant, but that possibly might last on my eyes all day long. The thing with liquid eyeshadow is in fact that they tend to fade pretty easily.



I wasn't convinced by Essence ones, and I couldn't find anything meeting my need in Maybelline, L'Oreal or Max Factor stands... and then I cam across them on the Barry M stand. The effect of the Crushed Jewels on my hand was amazing. Exactly what I was looking for, bright, shiny, glittery. They only cost £4.99, so I decided to try them, and if they were not as long lasting as I was hoping, I would have only thrown away less than £5.00.

Well, I didn't throw away anything, I can promise that. Those little babies are amazing, seriously. Not only the effect on the eyes is the very same as when you swatch them on your hand, they also last all day long, with or without a powder eyeshadow on top (mind though, I always use a primer on my eye lid). Once dried out, they won't move from your lid until you're using an oily makeup remover. I have a pretty oily lid, and I am working long duties (I am a flight attendant), and well, I can promise you that when I land at night my eye makeup is the same as when I applied it in the morning. I am in love, and I want to buy all colors available.

For now I've only got three of them, Duvet day, which is basically light in a tube such is bright, Pillow talk, which is not the most original color, but works perfectly for subtle, everyday looks, and finally Fairytale, this amazing rusty color that seems to be shouting “autumn”.

Next on my list are Blissful (a cold pink) and Starry eyed, which is a dark base that will just work perfectly for the makeup I am planning to wear for new year's eve.
Did you try these eyeshadow already? If now, and you're looking for a cheap, yet valid alternative to Stila or MAC ones, than run to try them out, I promise you won't be disappointed!
M


Comments

Popular Posts