DIY Perfect Autumn Coffee Cup



Good morning sweet pumpkins, how are you?
This post comes a bit unexpected, but as yesterday I decided to try a DIY project – and succeeded in it! – I absolutely wanted to share it with you. It is about a coffee cup, The Perfect Autumn Coffee Cup I would dare saying, and if you're autumn and pumpkin lovers like me, you will agree ;)

Pinterest link

So, everything started with Pinterest, the place of eternal perdition – of time and hours I should be spending working or doing anything productive. Seriously, I could spend days browsing and browsing among those amazing posts. But yes, we were saying, as I was scrolling down the page, I came across the beautiful picture you see above.

It is such a lovely, beautiful, perfect for autumn coffee cup, and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I decided straight away to look for those cups and buy one, but try to guess? They are only sold in the US, like every cool stuff you might come across on the internet. I found a couple of Etsy shops selling it oversea, but the shipping fee were just ridiculous, so for a few minutes I decided to give up. But then my stubbornness took over, and I decided that I couldn't buy one, I would make it myself. At the end, I just needed an orange cup and a white Uniposca.

I went to TK Maxx, confident in finding something meeting my needs among their amazing wide range, and I was right. I found this lovely plain orange coffee cup, which has the particularity of being ombree, being lighter on the top and darker on the bottom. I thought it was perfect. I bought it (it only costs £ 3.99) and went home to decorate straight away with my white Uniposca.



With the picture I posted above as a guide, I wrote the lines “Good Morning Pumpkin” with a pencil, and when I was happy with that I went above it with the white Uniposca. Well, I am so happy with the result I cannot explain it to you. The Uniposca writes perfectly on the ceramic, but I am not hundred percent sure it will be waterproof – it would be a shame if the white sentence disappeared after washing the cup, and so passed over it with a simple transparent nail polish... and it works!

I just find this cup so so cute, and it is already my favourite for the season. I hope you might get inspired and try to personalise a cup yourself as well, and if you do please do share your results with me.
Sending you lots of love, and until next time we talk to each other, take care!
M.

Comments

Popular Posts