September Bullet Journal – Autumn Planning



New month, new bujo planning, and this month it comes on time ;)
September has always represented the “back to school” month to me, so since the beginning I knew I would have done a theme following that concept. A few days ago I was reading on the Internet that in Kings Cross, where the Harry Potter shop is situated, every 1st of September they organise the “Hogwarts Express” departure, inviting actors from the movies to participate.

Well, do you know who were the main guests this year? Eddie Redmayne and Jude Law!! If you were there, I am super jealous of you (please share some pics!).
But this is not what I want to talk about. What I wanted to say is that the article gave me the inspiration to create a bujo theme in line with both the back to school and a magic touch. So although I wouldn't call it a proper Harry Potter inspired theme (it is ways too plain to be considered that way), I can say that it is a “back to a magic school” inspired theme, and I hope that, although its simplicity, you might like it.

Let's start, as usual, from the main page. As always I drew a cute little animal, and what better than an owl, give the theme I wanted to create? It is quietly sitting on a branch, and next to him lie a pile of old books, together with a pointed hat (remind you of anything?)


My calendar is nothing new, exactly like all the other months it is surrounded by the boxes containing the info I will need to the month: goals, wishlist, blog, gratitude and to do list, but to be in line with the theme I decided to draw them in an old parchment style.


The monthly habit tracker also is similar to the previous months, being different just in colors. I really like this type of layout, and I think I will be faithful to it til the end of the year. On the next page comes my mood tracker, and for this month I decided to draw a feather pen, that I will color in different shades according to my moods. To decorate the page I drew a few more old books around, and overall I think it came out ok.


The expenses page is divided in 4 squares, according to the weeks of the month, and in them I'm writing down my spending lists. Also my readings, movies and recipes to try sections are similar to the previous months, as I find them really useful and handy organised in this way.


Last comes my weekly spread, and to give it a touch of magic I drew a magic cauldron and a broomstick to embellish the page. On the top right you can also see a quote, and this one is taken directly from Harry Potter. It is a sentence Dumbledore says: "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
Also this month I'm going to do something I've never done before with my bujo: I am going to draw four different styles of weekly spreads each week, decorating them in various ways. I will post them on Instagram as soon as I draw them, so go have a look here if you like.

A promised, the following weeks!

I didn't have the time I wished to draw this week, and it really didn't come as I had pictured in my mind, but halas, what can we do. I wanted the middle of the page to be filled by the draw of a (magic) castle, but I should have probably coloured it. What do you think?

Week three, a quote by Hagrid and a little draw of a black cat and a pumpkin. A bit too "halloweenian"? Maybe, but I really like it!


And finally, last week of the month! A mysterious figure in a long cloak, and some floating candles hanging from the ceiling.

Hope this little one might give you some inspiration and that you might find it useful. Talking to you very soon, and until next time, take care
M

Comments

Popular Posts