Very Simple and Yummy Soy Ramen Recipe



Hello hello again!
August is almost finished, and with it my holidays. This means that in a few days I'll back home, and thus to my usual writing routine. I feel so bad that I abandoned the blog this month, but the sea call was ways louder, and I just had to respond!

Although temperatures are still pretty nice, I thought to share with you the recipe of a warm, cozy dish I absolutely love, and find perfect for the chilly nights of autumn (which by the way will come very soon): Soy Ramen! It is a very tasty recipe, and very customizable according to your preferences. The one I list below is the recipe I reproduce most of the times, and my friends and family love it too.

Simple Soy Ramen Ingredients (serves 2)

2 packages of rice noodles (the ones I used are two single portions bought in a local Asian store)
4 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 garlic gloves
1 pak choi
1 (possibly) soft boiled egg
250 g minced beef (or turkey, or any other meat you like)
2 spring onion
2 tea spoons of sugar
a few shiitake mushrooms
4 sheets of dry nori (seaweed)
chicken broth

And now, to the preparation! Preparing Ramen is extremely easy, the only thing taking a bit of time is getting all the ingredients ready, as you need to cook them separately. Once you have them ready though, the rest is a piece of cake.

I would suggest to start preparing the chicken broth, simply boiling some water and adding to it a chicken stock. Let it boil until the stock dissolves, and keep it boiling on low while you carry on with the recipe.

Now, to the meat. In a pan, heat a bit of olive oil, a minced garlic glove, two tablespoons of soy sauce. Le the minced beef cook (it won't take long), and then keep it on a side to cool down slightly.

After having removed the meat, cook the shiitake mushrooms in the same pan, after having cut them in slices. You can use either fresh or dry shiitake mushrooms, of course if you pick the dry ones, first make sure you soak them in water overnight.

Soft boil the egg. I am terrible in this, I never manage to do it properly, I always end up boiling it too much. Either way, it is going to taste delicious! After having peeled it, keep it on a side.

If you have a steamer, it would be much better steaming the pak choi, after having cut it in half. If you don't, just boil it (steaming veggies anyway is much better than boiling them, as it preserves all of its goodies, then will be lost in the boiling water). It will take between 7-10 minutes.

Finally, prepare the noodles. Boil some water and cook according to the package instructions. Usually it only takes a few minutes.


Now that all your ingredients are ready, you only have to assemble your fab Soy Ramen!

In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, together with ¼ teaspoon of sugar and a minced garlic glove. Mix together, and add the cooked noodles. On the top of the noodles add the meat on a side, and then proceeding around the bowl borders, add one half of the pak choi, one half of the boiled egg, and half of the mushrooms. At this point, add the boiling chicken broth til the noodles will be completely covered, and sprinkle on the top a sliced spring onion. As a final garnish, add 2 sheets of nori on a side. Repeat for the other bowl, and your Soy Ramen is ready!

I really hope you might find this recipe useful. As I said, you can customize it as you like, using different types of meat or mushrooms, or omitting them at all. You can use grilled tofu instead of the meat as well, and you can add corn and soy beans to garnish. Please let me know if you decide to try it out and if you liked it (or if you have any suggestion about modifying the recipe to make it tastier)! Talk to you very soon, take care
Xx

Comments

Popular Posts