TV Show Addicted – Love, Nina

Source Image

I fell in love with another TV Show! And I liked it so much I am recommending it to everybody. Its called Love, Nina, and it is based on the book by Nina Stibbie, who tells about her experience of working as a nanny for George Bulut in 1982. The storyplay has been written by Nick Hornby (About a Boy, How to be Good, screenplay of Wild and Brooklyn, just to mention a few... do we need to say more?).

The series is only 5 episodes long, and after having watched the last one you will start praying for another series to be produced. The plot is very simple, and is based on Nina's (Faye Marsay) working experience for George (Helena Bonham Carter) and her two sons. Nina is a sparkling 20 years old girl from Leicester, and among her particularities we can mention that she doesn't like wearing shoes.

She moves from Leicester to Primrose Hill, London, where George lives, and at the beginning she really doesn't like her job so much. But later she becomes really affectionate to George and her sons, as well as to the weirdest neighbours living around, and she even falls in love with one of them, Nunney. Nunney loves reading, and will borrow Nina some of his favourites book, encouraging her to pick up her studies from where she left them and start college.


It a lovely family comedy, and I can't recommend watching it more. Since I knew it is based on a book, I decided to read that one as well, and I hope I will love it even more than than the TV Show!  

Comments

Popular Posts