TBR April – Books I'm Planning to Read


Here comes the list of books I'm planning to read in April. My TBR are never too long, as I'd like to keep them realistic, especially when I know I won't have too much spare time. Three books in the list for me, hopefully I'm going to be able to pop in a few more titles, as there are a few new entries calling me loud from my book shelf. So, let's start.

Lord of the Flies, William Golding
Lord of the Flies is a book I was planning to read last month as part of my monthly Reading Challenge, but as the post man brought it to me later than expected, I switched it with another book by Clara Sanchez. This month then Lord of the Flies will be my first reading, and I am very curious. Its a classic, and one of those books painting a dystopian reality where the world, set in a future not too far away, is populated by human beings are able of showing acts one would never expect. In this case, a group of kids living on an island, where there's nobody but them. They soon try to organise the situation, establishing a leader and social rules making easier life in group, despite the adverse conditions. Problems come when the deepest human fears come to surface, and the well educated young men turn into savages.

Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman
I love Neil Gaiman. I am trying to collect all of his books. Neverwhere is one of his most famous ones, and it was released together with a short TV show following the same plot in 1996. Main character of the story is Richard Mayhew, a young businessman recently moved in London from Scotland. His life changes one night, when is is walking to see his girlfriend and have dinner with her and her boss; on his way, Richard helps a young woman, bleeding and weakened. Her name is Door, and she comes from Neverwhere, a hidden place in the depth of London.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
And this is one of the titles which has been waiting for ages in my Kobo, for me to read it. I've seen the movie when it was released in 2012, and I loved it. As the book usually is better than the movie, I am very curious of reading this little one. Main character of the story is Charlie, a teenager starting his first year of high school in Pittsburgh in the early 90s. The book is presented in the form of letters, written by Charlie himself, where he talks about his life, and touches arguments like introversion, sexuality, drug use. The funny bit of this book is its constant referencing to other literary works, films and the 90s pop culture in general.


So, those are the main books I am planning to read this month, and again, I hope I'll be able to pop another one of two in the list. Let me know which ones are your reading plans, and if you read already the titles I am talking about in this short post. Take care! xoxo  

Comments

Popular Posts