Kylie Inspired Drugstore Lip Kits


I do like a nice brownish-nude lip, and regardless if it is the last makeup trend or not I'm wearing it almost all year long. What I had not realised is that apparently the Kylie Jenner inspired lips still are a makeup trend, and many drugstore brand launched kits so similar to those launched by Kylie a year or two ago. I never tried the Kylie kits, as it is a bit tricky getting them here in the UK, and also because I find them ways too expensive for what they actually are. So, I decided to try out some of the drugstore kits inspired to hers, and check on their value for money.


Primark Get Lippy - £ 3.00
The first kit I saw and bought is this one by Primark; Primark really stepped up with their makeup range recently, and launched a few products with pretty nice quality compared to their little price tag. This brownish lip kit called Chocolate Brownie is only £ 3.00 in the shop, and comes with a matte liquid lipstick together with a combined lip pencil. I have to say I really like the colour (there a few more in the range, a pinky and a reddihs one, plus a metallic finish range). I didn't own anything similar, and I was positively surprised. As expected though, the liquid lipstick is very drying out my lips, and I can't wear it for too long. The lip pencil, on the other hand, is very nice and long lasting, and I know I will make a good use out of it.


Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit£ 6.00
Another drugstore kit inspired by Kylie ones, this time by the famous brand Makeup Revolution, pretty known among makeup addicted as being one of the cheapest brand on the market reproducing dupes for high end products. So this kits are very similar to Kylie ones, and come in four different shades, all of them nude-ish. The one I picked is called Regal, and is more a terracotta shade. Again, this one comes with a pencil, on a shade similar as the liquid lipstick. I found this kit pretty good, for its price (£ 6.00). The liquid lipstick still a bit drying, but less than the Primark one. It also lasted a good while on my lips, but didn't resist during lunch, and I had to reapply it. Overall, pretty happy of this one; the only down turn is that very often the Makeup Revolution stands are raided and ruined. Packages opened and products stolen. As you can see, in my local Superdrug they closed each single package with tape, so that little silly girls couldn't open them, and it kind of worked. Be very careful then when you purchase these products, and always double check them with the cashiers before paying them.
Lottie Slay All Day Lip Kit£ 8.95
Last but not least, Lottie lip kit. I have to admit this is the first product I'm trying out of this brand, as I usually walk past it and look for other brands. The packaging is pretty similar to the previous ones we talked about, with a sleek simple outside package, transparent lipstick bottle and black lip liner. This kit also is the most expensive among the three, being it sold at £ 8.95. I have to say though, it also worked out to be the best of them all. The lipstick is not too drying on the lips, the pencil is very pretty, creamy and long lasting. I was very happy, and the only “negative” thing I would point is that you can't really say the inside colour from the outside package. This shade I bought is called #TBT, and from the outside looks like a browinsh/reddish colour. Well, when I opened it I found a very pretty nude pink and was very happy, yet if I really wanted a more brown colour I would have been disappointed.
So here are the three Kylie Jenner inspired drugstore lip kits I tried out. Let me know if you tried them too and if you liked them. As always, take care xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts