Plan with me July 2019 – Bullet Journal Set Up for Summer



It's that time of the month again – time to plan our bullet journal for the next coming month! How is your summer going so far? Mine is alright, although I am feeling a bit impatient now: when are some properly hot days coming over?? We're having such a mild summer this year here in the UK, and I am craving for some good 30 degrees afternoons... need to go back to the South of Europe you say? Well, I'm afraid that you're right, going back home will be the only way to enjoy a proper hot weather this year... but enough with the moaning, let's dig into some planning.


So, for this month I've been indecisive til the very last minute. I didn't have any ideas, didn't know what theme to draw. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to use some bright colours, some yellow for sure, like the bright shining summer sun. Eventually this dreamcatcher theme came to my mind, and although I definitely prefer some pages over some others, I can say I am satisfied of the overall result.

For this month, I have to admit I like the quote page better than the cover one! Maybe because I can see the dreamcatcher outline there in its integrity, and not only a few bits. By the way, here they are, and both drawings have the same main colours, bright yellow/gold and turquoise, which are the main nuances of my theme. For the cover, I used watercolours, and in a particular way I used the Mozart Komorebi metallic watercolours to give a shiny accent.


The calendar is probably the page I like least. I chose this very bright yellow Tombow 020 as my accent colour, but if I chose a gold maybe it would have been better. I feel like this page doesn't fit with the rest of the theme so well, but hey, it is what it is, and I really had no time to re-do it, so we're going on. On the other hand, I really like my lists page! I love how the drawing of the dreamcatcher came out, and I like that the feathers divide the spaces where I am going to list my usual blog ideas, wishlist for the month and goals.


I came back to the individual habits tracker this month, which I really, really like. In the attempt to avoid the mistake done with the calendar, and make this page more in line with the theme, I used both my accent colours to highlight my habits, but once again, I am not totally in love with the result. My mood tracker, on the other side, is one of the pages I love the most. I used the circular tracker once again, and what better design to chose for this month's theme? I decorated the inside like a proper dream catcher, and then drew a total of 31 feathers around it, which correspond to my daily moods. I will fill them in according to the legend on the bottom page, et voila', my page is done, and I really like it.


The expenses page is among the ones I am using the most, it helps me so much in keeping my spendings under control. This month I chose to divide it in four again, one block for each week of the month, and I added a bottom line where I'm writing what I'm spending in credit card (if I'm using it), and a total for the week. The readings, movies and recipes page is the same old one, but this time I think its well in line with the theme.


Last but not least, my weekly spread. I chose a vertical spread, where each day of the week is divided by a feather. On the top, two haves of a dream catcher, with a quote inside, and a dream catcher outline at the bottom right to write down my notes for the week. Easy and simple, yet I am happy with the final result.

Here's the list of the materials I used:
Mozart Komorebi metallic watercolours
Standard watercolours
Stabilo back pen
Stabilo Turquoise pen
Tombow Fudenosuke (soft tip)
Tombow 020 (yellow)
Tombow N75 (cool grey)
Tombow N15 (black)
Crayola turquoise water based crayon
Golden gel pen

Hope you might find this useful, happy planning and talk to you soon!
M.

Comments

Popular Posts