Little Sephora Haul - #spoilingmyself



Everybody needs to take care of themselves, always. And everybody needs to spoil themselves, sometimes. The way I prefer doing it is definitely in a hot bath tub, filled with perfumed water and a sea of colored, soft, bubbles, a book in my hands and a scented candle burning nearby. When such a lush is not possible though, I feel like a trip to Sephora makes makes my smile as wide, and my serotonin levels as high (my wallet doesn't think the same, but that's another story).

So, all of this to say that recently I found myself nearby a Sephora store, and could I just walk past? Claro que no. I bought a few bits which had been sitting in my wish list for quite a while now, and well, I feel so so happy of having brought them home with me!


Fenty Beauty Hustla Baby and Fenty Glow
Fenty beauty is the brand everybody talks about right now. I've been watching and reading endless reviews about Rihanna's products, and it seems like where some of them are spectacular, some others show a few lacks (I've found a pretty high number of negative reviews about their latest foundation, but never tried it myself so I really can't give a honest thought about it).

The whole world though seems to agree that both the gloss and the first highlighter launched are simply amazing, so I decided to buy this set which includes both. They are not full size products, but still a fair size (the highlighter will still last me forever). It was just 19.00 euros, a true bargain. I tried the gloss already, and despite having really liked it (the color is stunning!), to be honest I didn't find it different from any other gloss... Still need to try the highlighter, so keep tuned.


Smashbox Ablaze Eye palette
I had tried nothing from Smashbox yet, so I was pretty curious of testing this little eye palette. I bought it because I fell in love with the color scheme: neutrals, but also a pop a color (look at that pink!); cool, but also warm. I thought it was a little gem. I used it a couple of times, to create both a very simple, daylight look, and a more dramatic one... I loved it both times. The colors are so bright, pigmented, easy to blend. With a primer, my makeup lasted on til the end of the night. Love it, love it, love it.

The packaging is not amazing (plastic, pretty thin, the lid is not the easiest thing to open), but it has a good size mirror, and it is so little that is perfect to bring around when travelling.


Chanel Rouge Allure 99, Pirate
And then, last but not least, my little source of proud and joy. One I've been wanting for so, so long. Pirate by Chanel is simply the perfect red. On a blue base, looks just amazing. It slides on my lips like balm, but stays there and doesn't move an inch (ok, doesn't stay on perfectly after eating, but hey, its a dark lipstick, we can't pretend miracles).

The packaging alone makes me so happy, and when I take it off my bag to retouch, I feel like a diva. I recently found out there is a nail polish with the same name and shade... that goes straight-away in my wishlist!

And so that was my little shopping... Need to behave for a long time now!

Comments

Popular Posts