Winter in Nail Polishes



When it comes to winter, I like neutral, cool toned, possibly dark nail polishes. A neutral nail polish always makes me feel like my hands are clean and neat, but also curated, “professional”. A dark nail polish seems to be well accompanied to the darkest, shortest, colder months of the year. So, here are some of my favourite nail polishes for winter, they're all affordable and very easy to find, from popular Essie to super cheap Essence.


Kiko 348, military green
I am not sure if the number of this nail polish is still the same, as Kiko changed the packaging of its nail polish some time ago, and in doing so the number of each color changed as well. By the way, I am in such deep love with this lovely deep, cool tone green. I like green more than blue, and this particular shade is just pefect, in my opinion, for the cold months. Two coats are suggested for better performance, however these nail polish don't really last too long (unfortunately!)

Essie Recessionista
Cold, in my mind, equals purple. I absolutely love purple, in each single shade, and this one by Essie, Recessionista, has been a favourite of mine for years. A very pretty shade of purple, a kind of “eggplant” nuance, in a way, which is simply beautiful.

From Left to right: Barry M Vanilla, Essence I dreamt a dream, Essie Wicked, Essie Recessionista

Essie Wicked
Being part of the same family as Recessionista is also Wicked, by Essie. Wicked though is a much darker color (I am a bit disappointed that the pictures don't really show it properly), a kind of black purple. I bought it when I was really into Rouge Noire by Chanel, but it was sold out everywhere. Wicked was considered to be a dupe, but according to me is too purple to be a proper one. Nonetheless, its a very pretty shade, and I love it.


Essence I Dreamt a Dream
Now onto the more neutral shades. I adore this cool toned grey by Essence (which also is the cheapest one of the bunch I am talking about, costing it just £ 1.60!). It reminds me a lot of Merino Cool, by Essie, but its a bit lighter. Here again two coats are suggested, but its longevity on my nails really surprised me: together with a top coat it lasted 5 whole days without chipping.

Barry M Vanilla
The last nail polish absolutely perfect for winter I am talking about is Vanilla by Barry M. It belongs to their matte line of nail polish, and it is such a pretty shade. Neutral, matte, long lasting, very easy to apply, everytime I am wearing it I get questions about what nail polish it is. Despite being on the cheap side, it lasts quite a long on my nails, and I find it very beautiful either with one or two coats.

So those are my favourite nail polish for the winter time. Please let me know which ones are yours, and if we have any in common!
M.

Comments

Popular Posts