It's Christmas Advent Calendar Time!

Image source


I remember the time when the only advent calendar I would get (because it was the only kind around) was a thin cardboard one full of pretty cheap chocolate, that my grandma never failed buying me over Christmas. Nowadays though, we have such a massive variety... and I am not talking about chocolate ;)
Beauty Advent Calendars have been spreading everywhere over the last years, and basically any brand is launching their own. We can find cheaper ones, but also very expensive (and absolutely fabulous) ones, there's something for everybody.

My first ever Beauty Advent Calendar was a Boots one, that I bought three years ago. It contained all products from its own brand, N.7, and I found so funny opening a box every day, and finding a little goodie waiting for me in there. At the end of the day though I have to say I was not too impressed with the quality of the items, and also, some of them (skincare ones in a particular way) were not suitable for my skin type.

Last year I didn't buy any, but this year I decided to indulge in one.
As I said before, there are tons available on the market, but the list was easy to reduce for me, because I knew for sure that I didn't want a single brand calendar. I think, as funny as it is (and as good the items you can find inside are), it also is boring having one single brand goodies on the table, I prefer much more a nice variety. Maybe that has to do with the slight disappoint I had a few years ago with the Boots calendar, but this year I decided to point my finger towards the M&S one, for different reasons.

The first being, as I was saying above, I like a variety. And the M&S Beauty Advent Calendar offers products from Nuxe, Pixi, Eyeko, Stila, This Works, and many other, giving a nice range of both makeup and skincare items.

Also, it is one of the cheapest on the market, thus maintaining a very good quality. The Calendar only is £35.00, although you need to spend £35.00 more in store to be eligible to purchase one. To be honest, I find it a brilliant idea, cause you always can find something to buy in M&S. I personally bought a new dressing gown for myself and a jumper that will be a Christmas present, and voila', I reached the amount needed to buy the beauty calendar.

I can't wait to start discovering the beauty awaiting for me (I have been very careful in not spoiling the surprise), and I am sure I'm having so much fun during the days preceding Christmas.
And you, did you decide to buy a Beauty Advent Calendar this year? Which one did you chose?
I have to say, if I had made up my mind in buying a one-brand beauty calendar I would have probably chosen the MAC one, which is the very first for the brand, and looks simply amazing...

Waiting to know which Beauty Calendar you chose, sending you so many hugs and talk to you soon!
M.

Comments

Popular Posts