A bit of Spanish Shopping



Today we talk Shopping! I've been to Spain recently, for a few days out there together with my best friend. We visited Madrid and Alcala', and a post about those two cities is coming very soon.
But today, we're having a look at the bit of shopping I did while I was there; as in the UK we have no Sephora, a quick trip to one of their shop was a must do, and here you can see what I decided to buy. Also, I popped in Tiger, NYX, and two local shops for some more makup bits and a pair of lovely espadrillas... but here are all of the details.

Sephora Haul
So, lets start with Sephora. I bought two little things, which I really desired. The first one is the beautiful Urban Decay Petite Heat palette. I decided to not buy the regular Heat Palette, as I would have really not used much a whole palette of warm colors; on the other side, a mini one is just perfect. I adore its hades of colors, especially Wild Thing (the orangy one) and Strike (the last, darker one), and I can see myself using it a lot over Summer, when I'm a bit more tanned.

The other purchase I did is the Becca Glow on the Go kit. It contains two highlighters of the same shade, Opal, one in liquid and the other in cream form. I absolutely wanted to try a highlighter brom Becca, but buying one pot would have been a bit of a waste, as on the first place they last forever, on the second place, they're so expensive! So when I saw this one I fell in love, and decided to buy it. I only tried the cream highlighter for now, and I already love it so much.


Primor Haul
Now, lets talk of the things I bought in Primor. It is a Spanish chain, comparable to Superdgrug I would dare saying, but it sells both expensive and cheap makeup/skincare products, and their prices are really good!

The first thing I bought was the Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation.
You can't believe how curious I was to try out this foundation. If you don't know Catrice, its a German brand, sister of the most famous Essence, that we can find in Wilko here in the UK. Catrice is a low cost makeup brand, but sells products, according to me, of a slightly better quality than Essence. As I was surfing my favourite blogs, I found an article all about this little one, stating it was a bit (mind me, I say A Bit) like Giorgio Armani Maestro.
Now, if you look at the design, the concept and texture of this foundation, you would definitely agree. If not a perfect dupe, for sure that's a product inspired by the most expensive GA.
Now, good things about this product are: its prize – only 12.00 euros for a 30ml full coverage foundation; its performance, beautiful matte full coverage, without being cakey, long lasting and comfortable on the skin.
The bad things about this product are: its availability, being almost impossible to find it in the UK; its applicator, so messy to use! You have to let a few drops on the palm of your hand and then apply it on your face either with your hands or a sponge, or a brush; its shades range, only counting 3 colours, none of them a perfect match for my skin tone. Playing a bit with it, and mixing with my daily moisturiser though, I managed to get a good match.
My overall opinion for this product is very good though, and I would definitely suggest you to try it out in case you're popping to Spain, or Italy, or Germany, and you find a Catrice stand.

Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream
Another product I've been wanting to try forever, is one of the most famous Korean BB Cream we can find on the market. According to many, Missha's BB Cream is a fabulous product, light on the skin, rich of good ingredients, giving us the same effect of a medium/full coverage foundation, with the feeling of a daily moisturiser. I tried it on, and I have to say I loved its effect. The colour I bought is slightly dark for me, and it is going to work beautifully over the Summer, but I will need to keep it aside in Winter, when my paleness will come back stronger than ever.


NYX Customizing Palette and Single Pan Shadows
Although we do have many NYX stores in the UK now, I found out that the shops have got so many products compared to the corners. An example are those stunning single pan eyeshadow, and believe me when I say I would have loved taking all of them.
I decided to behave, and only create a quad. I picked two Hot Singles Shadows and two Prismatic Shadows, which oh my goodness, are just stunning.
The first two are Guilt Trip, a classic taupy colour, perfect to blend the shadows in the crease, and Flustered, a wonderful burgundy/reddish shade, with a hint of pink, that I can see myself using to death in Autumn.
Now, on the other, stunning two: Bewitched is an olive green shade, a colour almost unique that I was really missing in my collection. Its shade is kind of duochrome, and also has a hint of lime in it. Its pigmentation is just – gosh, amazing, and it makes the green of my eyes pop like no other colour.
The other one is Sunset Daze, the most beautiful copper shade I ever saw. Exactly as the previous one, it is super pigmented, long lasting, and with a duochrome orangy effect. In summer, this is going to be my go-to shade.


Tiger
In Tiger, I bought this lovely journal, for just 3.00 euros. I bought it because it reminded me so much of the Midori Travellers Journal. If you're passionate of journals and travels like me, you're surely already heard of those beautiful journal, sold in Japan (and pretty expensive I would say), with the peculiarity of being customizable with different types of notebooks, secret pockets, stickers, and so on. I will review this in detail very soon, and tell you how I am planning to use it for my future travels.

White Espadrillas
Last but not least, when I decided to go to Spain with my best friend, I decided to buy a pair of espadrillas. They're very common lately, and they've been so for a few years now, but I still didn't own one pair, so I decided it was time. I popped in a local shop in Madrid, which happeded to have some big sales going on, and I bought this pair of lovely white espadrillas, which I just can't wait to wear! Unfortunately as I'm writing weather in the UK changed again, and not for the best, so I will probably need to wait a bit before using them. Nonetheless, I am sure I'm using them so often in the months to come, both with girly, flowy dresses, but also jeans and crop tops, shorts ans kimono shirts.

And that's all for my little shopping! I realise I've been writing a very long post, so thank you if you didn't give up and kept on reading til the end! Very soon I will post the detailed summary of my little Spanish holiday, so if you'd like to hear a few tips and tricks, and if you're planning a Spanish holiday this summer as well, stay tuned!
XX

Comments

Popular Posts