A Tiny Yankee Candle Haul



“Oops, I did it again...” Britney Spears was singing in the 90s. And I can follow her chorus, with my very not melodious voice, and sing that yes, I did it again. I went to the Yankee Candle shop and bought some more scented, lovely, candles. But how ca you resist when there's a nice 50% off on all Christmas scents? I just had to, if you know what I mean.

To be honest, this Christmas collection didn't make me fall in love like the previous one. I like the scents, but I don't find them very original, so instead of buying a large lot of the big jars, I opted for the small ones, and only one big jar, of the only candle I really loved.

Yankee Candle Illuma-Lid
So, the first item I bought is actually not a candle, but an accessory; I bought an Illuma-Lid, because apparently it helps the candle to burn evenly, so that at the end you don't have all the surrounding edge of the candle intact when it already reached its bottom. I saw a few videos on Youtube showing that they actually work, and as this one was very cute (belonging to the Christmas collection) and cheap (it was discounted) I grabbed it. Will let you know if and how it works.

All is Bright
So the first candle I bought is All is Bright, which is not a new scent, but was introduced into the Christmas collection last year as well. I adore this scent. Last year I only bought a tart to burn, and I finished it in a heartbeat. That's why this year I went straight to buy a proper jar. It has a citrony, yet sweet smell. If I close my eyes it makes me think of the holly decorations around the house, and my grandma cake baking in the oven. Lovely.

Cranberry Ice
Oh my how much I like this scent! I wanted to buy a bigger jar of these one, but in my local Yankee Candle shop they has already run out, so I went for a small one. This definitely is one of my favourite among the whole collection, smelling of cranberry sauce, it makes me hungry! It makes me with I could dip into it and have a bite, really! Its fantastic.

Winter Glow
Another one I've been keeping an eye on for quite a long time; at the end I went for a smaller jar instead of a bigger one just because the scent is not too strong. It is very delicate, feeling like a clean laundry basket. It reminds me a bit of Clean Cotton, from that point of view.

Mulberry an Fig Delight
This little boy doesn't belong to the festivity collection, but to the fall one (which I adore more than other). I already bought a tart when the collection came out, and as I really like it I decided to buy a small jar. As the name itself already says, it smells of mature fig and mulberry. It makes me think of a basket of fruit on a table by the fireside.

So those were the last Yankee Candles I added to my collection. I am very keen of knowing which ones you loved the most and which ones you're getting, so please let me know!
Talk to you very soon,
M.

Comments

Popular Posts