The Body Shop – Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet


We all go through that time of the year, when our skin changes and needs extra care, or different types of products. It always happens to me in April and September, those months when the temperatures drop or rise, bringing with them more or less humidity, wind, heat. Those also are the months when I need to boost my skincare, and adapt it to the new needs of my skin.

My skin has always been combination, especially in the T-zone. With time, and once I moved from a Country to another, it started to change, and be more on the drier side, if still a bit shiny and oily on the forehead, chin and sides of my nose. Very rich face creams are really not ideal for me, as they tend to accentuate the greasiness on my face, and I've always been looking for light moisturisers, with a good dose of hydration and gentle on the skin. I've been using for years the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, and I loved it; but I also get a bit bored, and wanted to try something new.


During a walk in my local mall, I entered The Body Shop to check on their body scrub (which I love), and my attention has been captured by their jar of Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet. It promises everything I was looking for: hydration, lightness, freshness. I bought it, and I've been trying it for the past month or so: I have to admit, that I love it!

On the first place, the packaging is lovely. A jar made of frosted glass, with a delicate lily design on the lid, and the cream itself being a nice light pink. It does have a light smell, but its very pleasant, and it does disappear after the skin absorbs the cream.

The texture of the cream does actually remind me of a sorbet: very light, fresh, smooth and cooling. On the skin, it feels like a dream, it goes on beautifully, and I can see myself going back to this every morning especially during summer days, thanks to the feeling of instant freshness I experience every time I'm using it.


Thanks to it sorbet-like texture, it is meant to be ideal for all skin types, and so far, it proved to be awesome for my combination/slightly dry skin. Moreover, it contains ingredients like Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ Oil, Soybean Oil to hydrate, and Menthol to cool the skin.

On the other side, it also contains Dimethicone, a silicone. People very sensitive to silicones, or looking for a more natural cream, might not like this, and prefer moving onto some other product. To me, it has not caused any pore clogging or similar for now, and the reaction of my skin to it has been fab. Would I decide to go back to something a bit more natural or with less silicone, I would probably go back to my Effaclar Duo, but for now the sorbet its working perfectly.

It costs 14.00 pounds, but TBS often comes out with good offers and discount, so you can buy it to a cheaper prize. I love that I only need the smallest amount to hydrate my skin, meaning it will last me a lot. I also think its consistency might be similar to Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet, which I never tried but were very curious to. If you tried both, let me know if they're similar, or not, and what you think of TBS Vitamin E sorbet.

See you next time! xoxo  

Comments

Popular Posts