Five Products I'm Currently Using for My Base


Even though the weather is very playful here in Britain, and gives us sips of warm Spring, alternating them with days of grey chill wind, we can state that finally Spring is coming.
With the warmer season on the door, I feel the need of giving a twist to my makeup base routine, and swap some of the products I've been using over winter with others, less thick and nourishing, and more on the lighter, hydrating side.

Bare Minerals Powder Foundation
So, one of the most important change in my base routine, is foundation. If over Winter I like using liquid, mousse or cushion foundation, over Spring and Summer I'm always using powder one. I find that my combination skin reacts better to powder foundations during warmer months, and that it also keeps it better. My job makes me pass most of my days into an aircraft cabin, and using a powder foundation helps the skin to be less “sweaty”, together with making it last much longer.
Benefit Fake Up Concealer
Another favourite of mine over Spring and Summer is the Benefit Fake Up concealer. Its middle part is made of a hydrating cream, keeping the under eye area well moisturised, while the outside circle consists of the concealer itself. It is pretty light on the skin, and its medium coverage is perfect to satisfy the needs of my skin.
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pen
From times to times I'm avoiding using foundation, especially when my skin is a bit more tanned and looks healthier and more even. Those days though, I like using a light, illuminating cream, to highlight a few points on my face – under my eyes, under my eyebrows, on the tip of my nose and on the top of my cheek bones. I love this one by L'Oreal, which is a cheap dupe for the most famous YSL Radiant Touch.
Bronzer and Highlighter
In Spring I can't but start using over and over again this duo by Charlotte Tilbury. Its a beautiful compact containing a lovely light bronzing powder, and a yellow based highlighter, very sultry and on the natural side. I love the packaging of this product, together with the fantastic quality of the powders. It also is very handy if like me you travel a lot, as it is slim and light, perfect for your travel makeup bag.
So those are my favourite current makeup base products. Let me know which ones are yours, and if you recently found some amazing products I really need to try out. Take care, and talk to you very soon xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts