Candles – Some Spring Scents


Scented candles, here is another addiction of mine. I particularly love them in autumn, when the cosy weather invites to close the windows, cuddle up under a duvet, take our favourite book and create the right atmosphere lighting up our favourite spicy candle. But I have to say, I love having a nice candle scent around during this warm days as well; maybe while I'm cleaning up, or writing a post, or having a bath. The right scents have got the power of calming me down, and make me feel much better, especially after a long day at work. So, here are some of my favourite Spring Scents. Different candles, different scents, different price ranges, but I truly love them all!


Diptyque Baies Candle
This little baby is the last one arrived in my place. I always felt curious about Diptyque candles, as I used to see them on the background of my favourite youtubers videos. The nice thing of these candles is that I can keep the jar and use it for different purposes after the candle is completely burnt, because its so cute and lovely to display.
The scent of this little baby is fresh and delicate, thanks to its main notes of blackcurrant and roses. My favourite to light up while I'm relaxing in a bath!

Yankee Candle Olive&Thyme
Yankee candles are a must in my house, and there's always one burning somewhere. For spring, I love fresh scents, and these tarts are exactly the perfumes I like to have around when the warmer season is coming. Olive&Thyme is very fresh, light and persistent, where the olive gives a kind of thickness to the scent, making it very pleasant and relaxing, like a walk in an olive garden.




Yankee Candle Aloe Water
As the name suggests, this candle smells like aloe leafs. Its so refreshing it leaves around the same feeling of getting out of the shower. My other half, who doesn't like sweet scents, really likes this candle, and it is one of the few I can light when he is around!

Yankee Candle Fresh Cut Roses
This one as well, smells exactly as the name suggests. Roses, bushes of roses freshly bloomed, organized in a coloured, perfumed bouquet, ready to be placed in a vase on the table. It is lovely, and makes you feel like running to the shop and buy some fresh flowers.




Yankee Candle Garden Sweet Pea
Another floral one, but this time sweeter than the Fresh Cut Roses. Garden Sweet Pea smells a bit like baby powder, its sweet and powdery, with a fresh touch. Feels like a bush of spring flowers just bloomed, on a bed of freshly cut grass. Feels like clean, and its lovely having it lighted while I'm doing my housekeeping.

Stoneglow Grapefruit & Mimosa Candle
This one was a present from a dear friend of mine. I absolutely love its packaging, so sophisticated and luxurious. I love keeping it in my living room, as I think it looks lovely and gives a touch of elegance to the shelf where I keep it.
Its scent is pretty strong, and lasts for hours in the ambient where I kept the candle on. The grapefruit gives it a kind of sour touch to the scent, but the lovely, sweet mimosa tones it down and makes it irresistible. Perfect to light up during an happy hour with friends, when your place is full of people, windows are open, nice food to nib on the table, and a soft and fresh scent of fruit and flowers flutters in the air.




Primark Sea Salt and Lavender Candle
I have to admit, I fell in love with this little one because of its cute packaging. Marble has a powerful effect on me, and when I saw this light taupe marble veins on the glass jar of this candle, I couldn't resist. But its scent is lovely as well, and I was pretty surprised, for a 1.00 pound candle! This one is very fresh, thanks to its sea salt notes, but the lavender tones it down, making it a relaxing scent more than an energizing one. I love lighting this up when I'm in bed reading a book before falling asleep, especially because its scent is not too strong.

Paddywax Library Jane Austen Candle
Now, tell me is this packaging is not the cutest you've ever seen. I fell in love with it since the first time I saw it, and as different scents are available named after different authors, my choice couldn't be any other than the Jane Austen one. I love Jane Austen novels, I read almost all of them, and Mr Darcy will always be my ideal man (if only existed in real life!). And this candle perfectly represents the spirit one can find in Austen's novels: delicate, sweet, floral, like a debutante ball in the 17th century. You open this tin container (lovely!) and you smell gardenia, tuberose and jasmine. Basically, after having lighted up this candle you will feel like having a walk in a garden full of blooming flowers.


So those are my favourite Spring Candles! Let me know which ones are yours, and if there are some scents I really need to try on. Until next time, take care! xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts