New in my Wardrobe – Vivienne Westwood Bag



From times to times, I like spoiling myself. The things I love shopping the most have to be, among the others, clothes and accessories (oh well, I'm a girl after all!). I particularly love designer bags – and I mean, who doesn't? As all fashion lovers know anyway, they tend to be ridiculously a bit expensive. So how can one afford buying them, yet not being forced to sell our car, engagement ring, granny?

Well, what I usually do, every year I set a certain budget I want to save in order to buy a designer bag. I check which one I want, check the price, and every month set a fixed amount of money that I will move in a separate account, which I will use at the end of the year to buy my object of desire. I've been doing this for the past 5 years, and this is the way I managed to buy my Liu Jo, Michael Kors, Moschino and Louis Vuitton bags (this last one actually took almost two years of savings, but godness, it was worthy!).

Last addiction to my collection thus has been a Vivienne Westwood bag, which I have been craving for years. For you who don't know, Vivienne Westwood is a famous British designer, the one who actually designed Virgin Atlantic flight attendants uniform, and the one who, back in the 70s, brought the punk fashion to the mainstreams. She was actually close friend with Malcolm McLaren, owner of a boutique first, and leader of the world-known band Sex Pistols after.
Of course those are only few examples of the works she's done over her long carrier. Whoever loves Sex and the City will also surely remember her name from the 2008 movie adaptation of the series, when Carrie wears a gown designed (and given to her as a gift) from Westwood herself.



And so, back to the bag! This specific type is called Jasmine bag, and I bought it in Italy, in Milan. I chose this bright fuchsia/reddish colour as I thought it will be amazing in Summer, but will also give a pop of colour to a dark outfit in Winter. For a winter outfit I was thinking about wearing a total black, paired with this bag and lipstick/nail polish of the same colour. Lovely!

The bag is in the medium size, but it still is big enough to allow me to carry all of my necessities. It has small handles, and I can't really wear it on my shoulder, but I carry it on my forearm (like a true lady :P). The only decoration is the classic Vivienne Westwood Orb logo, in gold, in the centre of the front bag (the same logo is reproduced on all the little golden details of the bag).

I absolutely love this bag, and I can see myself using it so much in the future.
Coming soon on these pages, where I shop for my designer bags and a few tips on how to save money in order to purchase them. Until then, take care, and talk to you soon.
M.

Comments

Popular Posts